At FindYogi, we have recently started experimenting with Display Ads. We are looking to optimize the targeting and placement before scaling the budget.
1. We are tracking our conversion on Adwords by integrating it with Analytics.
2. We have blocked the ads from showing on mobile device. But there is no way to block from Tablets.
3. While checking the Placements tab under Display Network there were some sites that resulted in higher cost per conversion. We either decreased the bid for them or in some cases blocked them. Some of these sites had very questionable placement of ads, with a high chance of accidental clicks.
4. There were a particular set of placements that had a Rs.0 Cost per conversion. It was Rs.0 not because the cost was Rs.0 but the conversion was NIL.The common thing about these placements was that all of these were Apps, mostly casual games. Again a case of accidental click but this time it was the whole app ecosystem and not particular sites.
How to block your Adwords ads from showing on mobile Apps
There is a lot of debate as to which of the following is the right way to block your ads from showing on Apps so we implement both.
1. Go To Campaign > Display Network > Placements Tab > Scroll Down
2. Under Campaign Placement Exclusions add the following domain – adsenseformobileapps.com
3. Under Site Category Options > Disbale – GMob mobile app non-interstitial
Our conversions are same with 20% less spend.